Veterans Resource Center

New Veteran Students

The staff here at the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety is excited that you have chosen to attend CSRIPS.  We are here to ensure your application process and transition to our campus is as smooth as possible.

Transitioning from the military to a post-secondary campus can be tougher than you think. While the campus environment is probably much safer than what you are used to, it does offer its own set of pitfalls.

One of the challenges you might face as a veteran is paying for your education as you will likely enter CSRIPS with more financial obligations than those of the average high school student. If you plan on using your GI Bill® benefits to pay for school, you must apply for your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). You can do this via CSRIPS does NOT evaluate your service record to determine your benefits eligibility; that is the role of the VA. However, we will assist you in the benefits application process by putting you in contact with a VA representative and answering any questions you may have about the CSRIPS process.

Once you have received approval from the VA, you simply need to upload your certificate of eligibility or entitlement to your MyCSRIPS student record. CSRIPS will then notify the VA of your status as an enrolled student.


Please take a look around the VA section of our website so you can understand all that is available to you.  Once you are ready to begin, click here.