The Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety is proud to offer their services for the 2018 New Hire Assessment. This assessment is mandatory for candidate consideration to be hired by the Coral Springs Fire Department.
Other Broward County Fire Departments that utilized the BC-FRAT are still involved with this process. This assessment has replaced the BC-FRAT.
Please review the manual as it will explain the entire process. Contact the departments you hope to gain employment with to ensure you understand their requirements.
Best of luck.
Division Chief Rob McGilloway
Coral Springs Fire Department
July 15, 2018 5:00pm
July 21, 2018 Check in at 4150 NW 120th Avenue
• EMT Candidates Check in begins promptly at 7:30am
• Paramedic Candidates Last names A – L check in begins at 12:30pm
Last names M – Z check in begins at 3:00pm
July 22, 2018 Check in at 4150 NW 120th Avenue (rain or shine)
• Paramedic Candidates Check in begins at 7:30am
• EMT Candidates Check in begins at 12:30pm
Parking: Please find parking in either lot at 4150 NW 120th Avenue or 4180 NW 120th Avenue. Do not park on the street.
The hiring agencies here will have access to candidate information for one year. Results from the testing are expected to be posted within 24 hours. Agencies will be able to sort the information as they see fit however they will not be able to alter any information. Each of the agencies listed is a hyperlink. Please feel free to explore the city and department information.
Each candidate must have their valid certifications during the registration period. Once the registration period is closed no additional applicants will be taken for that testing period. All candidates will be required to upload the following documents to complete the application:
- VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
- STATE OF FLORIDA FIREFIGHTER 1 & 2 COMPETENCY
- STATE OF FLORIDA EMT / PARAMEDIC
- EMERGENCY VEHICLE OPERATORS COURSE (EVOC)
- BROWARD COUNTY-WIDE PHYSICAL ASSESSMENT TEST (CW-PAT)
- As of July 1, 2018 any candidate can register to test without a current/valid CW-PAT
- A Valid CW-PAT MUST BE obtained by September 1, 2018
- To date the CPAT is not accepted by Broward Fire Chiefs Association… we are waiting on a response/approval
- Candidates should plan on taking a CW-PAT from BFA in AUG
- CSRIPS will host an additional CW-PAT if the CPAT is not approved before Sept 1, 2018, DATE TBD
P4 students may apply for the Firefighter/Paramedic position. Students will be required to have their Paramedic License by October 1. On the application, the student must upload a Letter of Good Standing from their institution.
EMS Testing Protocols
These protocols are being provided to you as a study guide. Please be sure to review the materials that correspond with your career goals. http://gbemda.org/florida-regional-common-ems-protocolspdf
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the 2018 New Hire Assessment?
The 2018 New Hire Assessment (18NHA) is a multi-agency employment screening process designed to eliminate the duplication of pre-employment testing for the benefit of the candidate.
How often is the New Hire Assessment offered?
Currently the assessment will be offered annually. Test results are valid for one (1) year.
What are the testing criteria for the 18NHA?
Candidates can register for one of two (2) testing sessions:
- Certified Firefighter/EMT
- Certified Firefighter/Paramedic
What is the testing process?
The New Hire Assessment is a three part test and will require a candidate to participate in all three areas to receive a full score. The three parts are:
- Written Assessment
- EMS Skills
- Fire Performance Objectives (PO’s)
What certifications are required to take the New Hire Assessment?
Candidates must possess the following at time of registration:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- State of Florida Firefighter I & II Certificate of Competency from the State Fire Marshal (not your school graduation certificate) or current Dept ID (if currently employed)
- State of Florida EMT or Paramedic License
- EVOC Certificate of Completion
- Valid Broward Countywide Physical Assessment Test (CW-PAT) (CSRIPS, BFA and Hollywood Countywide are the only valid certificates accepted)
If a candidate does not possess all of these at the time of registration they will be denied. Candidates will not be permitted to register with partial qualifications.
If the hiring agency is interested in the candidate, the agency will make contact with the candidate and provide directions on the next step. A current list of the participating agencies may be found on the BC-FRAT tab of the CSRIPS website, www.csrips.org.
Can I attend the testing sessions in shorts and a t-shirt?
Please refer to the Dress Code Policy in the 18NHA manual for complete details.
Is there a cost to take the New Hire Assessment?
There is no cost to the candidate to take the 2018 New Hire Assessment
What happens after I complete all three phases of the testing process?
After successfully completing all 3 phases of the testing process, the candidate’s name will appear on a master list for the hiring agencies. This list will appear in alphabetical order with the candidates profile, raw scores, and overall score. The hiring agencies will be able to sort the data whichever way they choose.
Will there be an orientation available?
Yes, an orientation will be given at the time of the written examination.
What if I have more questions?
Please review the 2018 NHA manual for more details in regards to the testing process. Should you still have questions after reviewing the material, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and allow 1 business day for a response.
What if I don't agree with my grade?
A detailed due diligence was performed on all aspects of the testing criteria, the delivery and format, and the grading process. Because some information may be used again in future testing sessions, the grading information cannot be shared with the candidates.
Results are final and cannot be grieved. If you are still unsure about what you may have missed, you are strongly encouraged to review your books for the scenarios that were tested.